NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
TOWN ADVISORY BOARD
AMARGOSA COMMUNITY CENTER
821 E. AMARGOSA FARM ROAD
AMARGOSA VALLEY, NV 89020
THURSDAY, JUNE 28, 2007
Jan Cameron, Chairman
Jade Robinson, Vice Chairman
Aaron Lynn, Sec/Tres
Joe DeLee, Member
Curt Stengel, Member
Special note: Any member of the public who is disabled and requires accommodation or assistance at this meeting is requested to notify the Amargosa Town Office in writing or call (775) 372-5459 prior to the meeting.
- Call meeting to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of minutes (action)
- Presentation by Dr. James Marble and MaryEllen C. Giampaoli with support from Nye County Commissioner Eastley on the content and status of the proposed Public Lands Act for Nye County (PLANC).
- Correspondence and announcements
- Emergency Items (action)
- Commissioners report
- Committee reports
- Parcel maps (action)
- Lawrence A. & Linda L. Bray
AP# 19-171-21 (PM-07-0028)
- Discuss and decide on approval of the purchase of a $3,000.00 fireworks show for the Amargosa Valley 4th of July in the Park. (action)
- Review and approve modification to Memorial Support Committee Statement of Purpose and Procedures as requested by the Committee. (action)
- Appoint a new member to the Amargosa Valley Park and Recreation Committee. (action by Chairman)
- Discussion and decision regarding whether or not to pay $200.00 in sponsor dues to the High Desert Resource Conservation and Development Council, Inc. (action)
- Discussion and decision regarding change to the Community Center Use Policy. (action)
- New rental rate to be assigned
- Change number of Security Officers to a minimum of 2 Officers per event.
- Add to policy: Security Officers must be present at the start of the event.
- Add to policy: No bottles can be present at event, plastic or aluminum only will be permitted.
- Add to policy: Event holder must remove all of their trash to the Amargosa Valley Transfer Bin; the dumpster located at the Community Center is not to be used for event trash.
- Discussion and decision on approval of Amargosa Valley Town Advisory Board Resolution 07-02, Adoption of Amended By-laws. (action)
- General Public Comment – (3 minute time limit – no action will be taken)
- Next month’s agenda – July 26, 2007
POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING
Amargosa Community Center
Amargosa Post Office